Theme 1: The Environment - Natural, Built and Cultural
Renfrew is a distinctive town with a unique character. Its rich heritage is evident throughout the town in its architectural features and landmarks. However, there is a sense that the town is in decline and has ‘lost its heart’.
There is a need for renewal with a focus on making use of and enhancing the many assets it already has.
- Improve the look of the town centre to make it more attractive for local people and visitors
- Make use of the empty, historic buildings
- Celebrate the unique heritage and highlight local history
- Improve the range of shops and restaurants available
- Enhance existing green spaces in particular, the restoration and improvement of Robertson Park
- Improve and expand the walkways and cycle routes that connect the town to the countryside and river.
- Tackle poorly maintained residential areas by reducing dog fouling, littering and vandalism.
- Street art to improve the town centre
- Make use of the old police station for a community hub
- Restoration and Improvement of Robertson Park
- Improve and expand the walkways and cycle routes that connect the town to the countryside and river
- Heritage walk / signs