Theme 5: Transport, Traffic, Roads and Paths
Renfrew is well located but increasing traffic through the town brings with it pollution, disruption and danger and requires to be carefully managed.
New, innovative solutions need to be considered in ensure Renfrew is accessible for locals and visitors into the future.
This theme can only be addressed by the Local Authority.
- Improve the bus service in terms of provision, choice and affordability
- Improve the flow of traffic through the town centre
- Improve the roads and paths
- Introduce traffic calming measures in residential areas
- Develop other transport options such as a reinstating the rail link or making use of the Clyde for water taxis
- Increasing the provision for parking
- Lobbying and campaigning